Presentable product photos help improve your business’ image and sales. But you’re an entrepreneur, not a photographer. And right now, what you have is a smartphone. This course is designed specifically for online sellers who use their smartphone to take photos of their products. If you shoot your products on a regular basis, you might as well learn how to do it correctly.
It is not intended to replace commissioned, professional product photos but this short course aims to temporarily bridge that gap between shooting your own photos for now and hiring a professional photographer in the near future.
What will be covered
- What is a presentable product photo
- Acquainting yourself with your smartphone’s capabilities and limitations
- Helpful equipment and accessories and their substitutes
- Lighting your product properly
- Shooting with natural and artificial light
- Shooting in your smartphone’s Auto Mode
- Shooting in your smartphone’s Manual Mode (if feature is available)
- Enhancing your product shot with popular smartphone editing apps
Who Should Attend
- Online sellers who want to take presentable photos of their products with their smartphone
- Any photography or mobile photography enthusiast who wish to learn more about still life photography
Only your enthusiasm. No prior knowledge in photography required.
What to bring
- Your smartphone camera.
- Cellphone tripod or regular tripod, if any.
- You may bring a sample of the product you sell.
At the end of this course, the participants are expected to:
- Know more about the capabilities of their smartphone camera
- Spot what to correct in their product shots
- Be more aware of where the light source is or where they place the light source before taking a picture
- Be able to shoot with natural light or artificial light, and know when to use which
- Apply the necessary techniques when photographing products
- Enhance their shots using popular smartphone editing apps
- Proper camera handling
- Most common smartphone features
- What is a beautiful product photograph
- Setting up for a product shoot
- Where to place the lights
- Shooting in automatic mode
- Exploring a smartphone with a “professional” or “expert” or “manual” mode
- Solving common problems when shooting products
- How to post-process your images with the popular smartphone apps
This course is not intended to replace commissioned, professional product photos but it aims to temporarily bridge that gap between shooting your own photos for now and hiring a professional photographer in the near future.
Dail Deri A photographer, instructor, and writer, Dail combines her father’s technics with her own. Her experiences in running a portrait studio and on-location portrait service, and photographing celebrities and everyday people, have allowed her to understand what new photographers need and want to learn as well as how they can learn those skills the most practical way.
She has shared her knowledge in photography through her photography tutorial articles in IMAG Photography and Manila Bulletin, and through various seminars and workshops in the country. Dail took up Communication Arts, Major in Photography at De La Salle University and is one of the Canon Professionals holding lectures for Canon Imaging Academy events. She is also one of the Key Opinion Leaders of Asus Zenfone. A Photography NC II holder, Dail is also a certified instructor and assessor for Photography NC II.