This is open to certified diver and to those enrolling or attending the Discover Underwater Photography workshop, Specialty Diving or other Advance Diving courses. This is a full training on the basics of UW photography. Certified or non-certified divers are welcome to join.
What will be covered
- Learn to SCUBA Dive, & be CERTIFIED (Licensed) as a PADI Open Water Diver, as well as be certified as Basic Underwater Photographer.
- Understand the different kind of digital camera that can be used for underwater photography.
- Experience how to use a Digital Compact camera, principles are also applicable to DSLR.
- Understand the different underwater camera casing/housing, & know the difference between hard & soft camera casing/housing.
- Know the different underwater strobe system for digital compacts, & learn how to use them.
- Learn to use & shoot underwater with available/ambient light, & the use of Manual White Balance.
- Understand the importance of Good Basic Diving Skills as primary tool to become a competent UW Photographer.
- Learn techniques from experienced instructors/facilitators to hone your buoyancy control skills while handling underwater camera.
- Introduction to Marine Injury First-Aid.
- 8 Hours Classroom (self-study modules to be given out, & to be completed prior to classroom & actual practical skills training); 2 to 3 days Skills training in Anilao, Batangas.
- Must know how to swim (non-scientific skill is acceptable)
- Medically Fit (particularly: no active asthma, no uncontrolled hypertension, no heart diseases, no diabetes).
- Must be willing to sign waivers and other administrative paper works.
What to bring
- Bring swimming apparel (standard swim suit / swimming trunk)
- If you own one – bring dedicated underwater camera, or camera with underwater housing. If you don’t own one please DO NOT buy yet.
- Day 1 (Saturday) - classroom session at PCCI
- Day 2 (Sunday) - diving session in Anilao Batangas
- Days 3–4 (Saturday–Sunday) - diving session in Anilao Batangas
Your fee includes:
- PADI Training Manual w/ Certification Card Authorization no.
- Dive resort facility use (swimming pool and ocean dive) for 3 days
- Complete diving gears for 3 days
- Lunch and snacks for day 1 at PCCI
Your fee does not include (at participant’s own expense):
- Transportation to and from Anilao, Batangas
- Overnight stay in Anilao, Batangas
- Meals while in Anilao, Batangas