Beautiful concepts and lasting imagery. Creative mind, and style. With Che Vienes (Canine and Feline Portraitist)
Reality: It is a lot of working with pets, from conceptualizing to shooting and then satisfying your clients and other people. Companion animals plays a big part in many lives so it’s no surprise that pet photography will become popular than ever.
This short hands on workshop will teach you how to capture pets with a heartfelt and memorable way. Develop your perspective, the environment, composition, and mood to create impressive pet portraits.
What will be covered
- Necessary skills, tips and tricks of a professional companion animal photographer.
- Equipment required for pet photography.
- Guide: Psychology of Companion animals.
- Setting: Studio, Indoor and Outdoor environment.
- Proper outfit for a pet photo shoot session.
- Creative Pet Photography: direction, detail shots and posing
- Building an appealing portfolio: Your style.
- Photographing pet.
- Photographing multiple pets.
- Photographing pet and its human companion.
- Photographing pets and their human companions.
- Story content as important element.
- Developing your own style.
- Business of Pet Photography.
- Shootings/Consultations and Marketing.
Who will benefit
- Wants to discover the art of photographing companion animals.
- Wanted to be a professional companion animal photographer.
- Wants to know the necessary skills, tips and tricks for capturing timeless photographs of companion animals.
- Has the desire in capturing the personality or the spirit of a pet.
- Wants to satisfy clients and gain more specific projects.
- Developed photographers understood how pets think and how to have their foundation in pet portrait sessions.
- Learned necessary skills for capturing priceless images of our furry friends that will impress even the most particular clients.
- Master crucial processes including marketing, advertise and grow their business in Philippines’ growing pet industry today.
What to bring
- Good and working DSLR w/ Prime Lens (and zoom lens)
- Squeaky Toy Sound Effect (for dogs) - PCCI will also provide some
- Motion or Feather Flips Cat Toy (interactive toys for cats) - PCCI will also provide some
- Students must have attended the PCCI Basic Photography workshop or equivalent, or are familiar with the basic camera controls for exposure, focus, color, and compression.
Che Vienes introduces herself as a canine and feline portraitist. Artist who specialize in companion animal photography (dogs & cats).
Popular among pet lovers for having recently featured in Manila Bulletin’s Picture Perfect section ‘Photographer of the week’ Sept. 6, 2016, and Philippine Daily Inquirer Feb. 14, 2017 for her works as an advocate for the love of animals, her chosen field became her favorite subject because as a pet lover and owner, she can execute artistic concepts naturally and comfortably with these creatures.
With her aim to provide clients “with beautiful concepts and lasting imagery through hard work, creative mind, and style,” Che shines in her field with her dedication to providing a visual artistry in animal photography.
Vienes has been in the photography business since 2013 – shooting for private clients and (Kennels) commercially. Her works has been featured CNN, WLOX News, CBS, ABC, and local TV station ABS CBN news. Her imagery is used by International BEVIE and Gilded Magazine and other online blogs/News in Asia and United Kingdom.
Currently working with Pet oriented Magazines locally (Animal Scene Magazine) and pet care industry, pet organization (groups) such as CARA Welfare Philippines, Gerald Anderson Foundation and Phil. Canine Club Incorporated.
Clients include Dr. Clauder Philippines, Doggies Choice Pet Care Products, Ezydog Philippines, Italian Product (Monge) dog/cat food and Bengal Brew/Wolf n Bear Café.