The naked human figure is a rich resource of creative ideas and is a well-spring of myriad artistic expressions. In this exclusive male and female nude photography workshop, the instructor shall openly reveal and share a number of his best and most intimate photographic approaches when photographing nude bodies in the studio and on location.
The areas to be covered shall include hair-and-makeup, styling, background and backdrops, lighting, props, posing techniques, and how to bring out the best in both male and female models.
The workshop will likewise cover frank discussion of human sexuality in photographic imaging, artistic license to nude photography, the moral responsibility of artistic nudes, freedom of naked expression, and the debate over pornography versus art nudes.
The best part of the workshop shall be actual hands-on photo sessions with a female nude subjects. Under the creative direction of Menchit Ongpin, each participant will have the opportunity to create individual portfolio of artistic male and female nudes.
What will be covered
- Basic photographic principles of photographing male and female nude body
- Elements of beauty in nude photographs
- Mathematical formula/rule of capturing & creating photographic beauty
- Pre-production & conceptual stage of photographing naked figures
- Hair & makeup styling for a nude portrait session
- Dealing with sexual aspects of nudity during the shooting session
- The different approaches to photographing male and female naked bodies
- Photo session and post-production workflow
- Studio lighting techniques for nude photography
- Natural lighting techniques for nude portraiture on location
- Composing the photographic image
- Nude photography secrets of the professional photographers
- The legal & business aspects/arrangements of photographing male and female nudes
Who should attend
This course is for amateur and professional photographers who want to foray into fine art male and female nude photography. Prerequisites
Participants should have completed PCCI's Basic Photography workshop or have equivalent experience.
You must be 18 years or older to attend this workshop.
Class time is divided between instructor-led presentations, hands-on practice, and instructor-led critiques of the photos taken in class. Classes are limited to 12 participants or less to ensure optimum learning.
What to bring
Participants should bring their own digital SLR camera.
Comments from participants
I learned a lot of tips and techniques. The instructors were excellent and knowledgeable about the subject. And the venue was perfect.– Juanito "Boy" Kaw
…good balance between lecture and practical application.– Aurelio Padojino